1. Take a morning hike in the canyon.
Chantry Flat Recreation Area, Sierra Madre
2. Taste Chinese mom-and-pop comfort food.
Ahgoo's Kitchen, El Monte
3. Lose yourself in a desert garden.
Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, San Marino
4. Revel in handmade, paper-thin, fire-licked flour tortillas.
Sonoratown, Downtown Los Angeles
5. Nap on the city's most manicured lawn.
Getty Center, Brentwood
6. Witness L.A.'s fraught relationship with carbs.
7. Commune with the Pacific.
El Matador State Beach, Malibu
8. Allow yourself to be won over.
L&E Oyster Bar, Silverlake